Monday, October 20, 2008

Lost in the Fog (in progress)

I am reminded of an episode of Doctor Who when I look at this painting. If I am not mistaken Horror of Fang Rock is in fact a classic episode featuring the real Doctor Who (Tom Baker) and, of course, the lovely Leela who is for once amply clad. It's appropriate for the times, I think, since the episode begins with a captain who runs into the alien infested lighthouse, while speeding to shore with insider information that will bring him wealth in the stock exchange.
I use acrylic paint with brushes, sponges, a spray bottle and gravity, leaving much of the process to chance. I will be posting this painting again as it progresses, it may be unrecognizable next time.

Here is an example of work that I've done with this method:


Turbulence 2005



Posted by Picasa

0 comments: